Sunday, September 14, 2008

First Date

Jonathan went on his first date tonight to Granger High's Homecoming. He went with a girl named Maggie and he had fun. The details I got are a bit sketchy but he is just 16 and what on earth does a 16 year old boy need to tell his mom about a date. They went to Boondocks during the day and then to the Garden Restaurant at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, then to the dance, and ended at McDonald's. I sure hope my girls will give me more details since Jonathan's are few and Mckay has assured me that he will never be going to a dance ( we'll see!! ) Mckay had another soccer game today which was exciting not because they won which they didn't ( score 2-1) but because the refereeing was bad and a fight broke out and several of our players got carded even McKay which is very unusual and the cops showed up. I missed all the excitement because I was home sleeping which I think I am glad about. Oh well lets hope we can pull it together as parents and players for our next game on Wednesday. I have a hard time when parents get all keyed up and start yelling because it makes things so much worse for the kids.

No comments: